Right now I am sitting at the kitchen table of my in-laws house in Illinois.
Day 1 is in the books. I made it to Storm Lake. It was a beautiful day. The riding was good. There was a breeze from the South in the morning that picked up speed in the afternoon. I don't have a real narrative that fits these daily updates but I do have a list of things to note that have been rattling about in my head.
- Climbing hills with a loaded bike means you have no momentum going into the hill. Get used to spinning.
- The hill coming out of Cherokee is really long.
- The jingle about the stain "on my white shirt" is really catchy.....and annoying after a while.
- I couldn't find a C-store in Hospers. This made me sad.
- If you are even close to a bike around this time of year in Iowa, Ragbrai will be mentioned.
- A nice warm shower is hard to beat after a long day on the bike.
That's all for now.